Kindergarten Readiness Program
Kindergarten Readiness Supply List
- 1 Box of Large Crayons (8 count)
- 2 Large Size Glue Sticks
- Standard size backpack with 1 or 2 compartments only large enough for 9x13 paper.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Lunch Box (Your child may purchase a school lunch from the cafeteria)
- Change of clothes, including socks and underwear. Please put in a labeled bag.
- 1 Box of Tissues
- Lysol Wipes
- Sealable quart and gallon bags
- Paper towels
Kindergarten Readiness Program Goals
Our Four Year Old Program is our Kindergarten Readiness Program. The Program is geared toward children who are one year away from Kindergarten. It is designed to help four year olds expand and understand their world. We build reading readiness skills. We share Catholic religious beliefs and values. Your child will have many opportunities to learn respect, responsibility and develop a routine. They will share in many experience that meet children's needs for their physical, social and emotional development. Our teachers help to develop a high self-esteem in your child through a positive feeling toward learning. Most of all, we provide your child an environment that is safe and based on trust and affirmation!
Typical Behavior of Four Year Olds
Parents need to understand that every child is an individual and that not all children behave alike. Some children reach the customary stages of development at the appropriate time, while others may experience them sooner or much later. The following section describes some of the typical behaviors that a 4 year old might exhibit. You may observe that your child exhibits some, all or none of these behaviors.
The Four Year Old
Most four year olds:
Why Kindergarten Readiness Program?
The aim of Kindergarten Readiness Program is to provide a basic foundation for your child’s education. It is a program geared to make the transition from home to school as smooth as possible and to make each child’s first experience with school a successful and enjoyable one.
The Southtowns Catholic Kindergarten Readiness Program is designed to help stimulate a good self-concept, providing each child with many experiences of achievement. Children will work and create independently and learn to cooperate with others in a group. The program will provide opportunities for social and emotional development, inspire language development and expand physical and mental growth.
KINDERGARTEN READINESS TUITION
2018 - 2019:
• Monday, Wednesday, Friday - $2,425.00 Per Year
$242.50 10 monthly payments - August through May
• Monday through Friday - $3,275.00 Per Year
$327.50 10 monthly payments - August through May
How Parents can Help:
What is Kindergarten Readiness All About?
Your child's first year is a new experience for both parent and child. There are many things your child will learn to do, that will be the cornerstone of their education.
Our Kindergarten Readiness Program is
Common Core aligned and will teach you child to:
What is Expected In Addition To Academics?
There are many social, developmental and cognitive (thinking) skills that a child is expected to perform while in the Kindergarten Readiness Program. These skills help a child become a successful student.
Some activities are:
Some activities are:
All Kindergarten Readiness Program students MUST wear a uniform.
McKay's (85 Abbott Rd, Buffalo 824-7900)
Kindergarten Readiness Policies
1. Immunization Records, Physical Examination Form and Dental Health Form must be on file by the first day of school.
2. Children are to be brought into school and left in the care of the staff members. They are not left at the door, curb or unattended in the classroom.
3. When your child is to be picked up by anyone other than the parents, a note should be sent naming the person who has permission to pick up your child. Identification will be required before releasing your child.
4. Please notify the school if your child will be absent.
5. School field trips will be limited to school children and adult supervisory helpers. Parent supervisory help will be open to all parents (most field trips require no more than 4-5 parents).
6. Any informational changes, such as addresses or phone numbers, should be given to the school as soon as possible after they occur.
Kindergarten Readiness Health Requirements
Immunization records must be on file prior to the first day of school.
1. Immunization Requirements
2. Physical Examinations
New York State Educational Law requires all new registrants and all students entering the Kindergarten Readiness Program, have a physical examination.
A copy of the most current physical exam must be on file prior to the first day of school.
3. Dental Examination
New York State Educational Law requires all Kindergarten Readiness registrants have proof of comprehensive dental examination.